****TimeGate****

Photobucket

Sunday 27 June 2010

Beware The Bottle….

Photobucket

Let me paint you a scene of a dark, stormy night,

Thunder and lightning are ruling the skies,

There’s a old back alleyway, bereft of any street light

And there, halfway down it, an Antique shop hides.

 

As you pass through the shop door, a little bell rings

But there seems no-one about to answer it’s call

Stood before you, on desk packed with ancient things

Is a bottle, shining bright, seemingly tipped to fall.

 

Please Help me’ it cries, in a voice filled with fear,

As the spirit inside it has been trapped for some time,

A fluorescent blue light seems intent to draw you near

As reaching out, you vaguely hear a warning chime.

 

At the rear of the shop is a brass ornamental gong, 

It sounds it’s dire warning should Old Magic be used

But, alas too late for you, you’ve heard the siren song

You grasp the bottle, spirits are swapped, then fused

 

Let me paint you a scene of a dark and stormy night,

Where an Antique shop windows are dusty and old

Inside which, placed on desk, is a bottle, shining bright

You are contained, crying “Please help me, I’m so cold”

 

LadyP © 2010 

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I know :/ I was really supporting England. Today Brazil plays. Let's see...I don't think our team is very good this world cup:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT, Penelope! Great story and reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock twists. Absolutely terrific. Oh boy, I can see I'm going to love it over here, lol. You might as well get used to seeing a new follower.
    I read your profile and saw you had a Border Collie. Wonderful dog! I used to have one myself. She herded and rounded up every moving thing in the yard, lol. Good old girl she was.
    Also saw you liked writing poetry. I do the same and love it, too. Then I saw you liked Mark Knopfler -- I have everything he ever did! Hey, I might be 63, a lot older in numbers than you, but that doesn't make a heart's feelings or tastes change one bit. You'll see.

    Ok, this old "streaker" needs to get to the store. It's 102 F here today and it's actually hard to breathe, but I really need to get to the store to buy some couplers for the garden hoses. My ivy in the front is now dying rapidly from the heat and it's going to get a big dose of water from me tonight. What a summer...awful.
    See you again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting twist from the usual magic bottle stories - love it!

    ReplyDelete