****TimeGate****

Photobucket

Wednesday 14 July 2010

A Lost Day…

 

 

fkid_mirror_thumb[4] Today's been a strange day...In fact a very strange day....

It started slow...and continued exactly the same way,

I never seemed to quite grasp any vivid sensation,

of knowing which way I was going, in which direction.

This strange, strange day...where fact seemed to crumble,

and the edge of reason, of any sense taking a tumble..

just like fiction as I looked 'round for any sign of knowing

Where I was,  where I'd been...or even where I was going

This strange strange day,  which seemed almost a dream

What have I done?...What have I achieved?...Nothing it would seem.

I sat here, waiting, forever waiting, for what seemed like an age.,

No wonder I need a life, or mayhap a key to my self-made cage?........

 

LadyP © 2010

5 comments:

  1. Excellent Lady P. I have that kind of day a lot. ;-)
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like when I write "wonderful", etc, over and over again to you that it sounds so redundant -- but it's so true! This piece as well as the others are terrific. When I don't see something from you in some days, I get antsy because I want to read more. Did you know that you are becoming one of my favorite authors? Yes, indeed.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally relate to this floating feeling of life like fiction, Lady P. Also reminds me, for some reason, of a quote I stumbled upon somewhere that said I finally decided that the point of life was to live. And another that said the point of life was to see. But your piece reminds me of how these points can so often slip away like...fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally relate to this floating feeling of life like fiction, Lady P. Also reminds me, for some reason, of a quote I stumbled upon somewhere that said I finally decided that the point of life was to live. And another that said the point of life was to see. But your piece reminds me of how these points can so often slip away like...fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i seem to have quite a few days like this. in some respects,life , if looked at objectively, is very much like this all the time ,but we don't notice ,as we fill our minds with other things. neccessary distractions

    ReplyDelete